Click here to read the general facts about the CELTA
Questions to think about
- Are you a working professional who cannot take four weeks off work to follow a face-to-face CELTA course?
- Can you take at least two weeks off to do your CELTA teaching practice?
- Are you comfortable working with online resources?
- Do you learn better when studying at your own pace?
If you answered yes to all or most of the questions above, then the online CELTA course may be the best choice for you.
The CELTA Online is flexible and accessible: you can access the online materials at any time, giving you the flexibility to plan your CELTA work around your other professional and personal commitments. .
Characteristics of the online CELTA course
The Cambridge CELTA Course Online is a blended learning course, combining online self-study with hands-on teaching practice. As with the face-to-face course, the Cambridge CELTA Course Online has two components:
- Input, which is delivered online with tutor support and
- Teaching Practice, for which you need to travel to CELT Athens.
For the first six weeks, you will be working on the course’s LMS (Learning Management System) which includes all the units of work to prepare you for teaching.
You will not be on your own! For the online component of the course, you will be assigned an online course tutor who will facilitate your work and provide you with feedback on assignments work and general progress.
You will also be working collaboratively in the forum provided and experiencing ‘live room’ tasks with tutor support, evaluation, and comment.
The online component of the course is not just studying resources: Our online platform will provide you with a flexible and engaging learning experience. Online tasks are practical and interactive.
You will cover the same topics as those following the face-to-face course.
Other than the online tasks, you will also complete and submit four assessed written assignments.
During this time, you will be able to log in and study at any time of the day or night convenient to you. Apart from the occasional ‘live classes’ which will be in the form of webinars, you will be free to regulate your own work and study time.
Teaching Practice in Athens
*You will have to be at CELT Athens on a daily basis during this 2+-week period
- The Cambridge CELTA Course Online uses exactly the same model of face-to-face supervised lesson planning, teaching practice, evaluation and feedback.
- Each trainee completes six hours’ assessed teaching practice. This involves teaching on eight occasions and observing the teaching of other trainees in the teaching practice group. You teach learners at a minimum of two different levels, one of which will be lower than intermediate and the other intermediate level or higher.
- As well as gaining hands-on experience teaching real learners, you will observe experienced teachers teaching classes of adult learners and watch peers teach their classes and participate in giving feedback.
N.B. More dates will be available soon. Please check this page for course dates.
The CELTA Online
- provides you with a CELTA Certificate which is the same as for the face-to-face course
- is recognised as equivalent (the certificate does not indicate that it was obtained online)
- covers the same content and knowledge as a contact/ face-to-face course
- is well supported by CELT Athens tutors during the online component as well as during the two weeks in Athens
- is assessed by a Cambridge appointed assessor in Athens. The assessor observes face-to-face teaching practice and has access to online materials and trainee assignments.
Tuition fees for the Online courses are €1550. In addition, , candidates must pay a Cambridge assessment fee of €160.
Fees must be paid as follows:
- A deposit of €710 to secure your place on the course
- Two more instalments of €500 each during the first two months of the course.
To check our tuition fees in any currency you wish please visit XE.com Personal Currency Assistant
Dates & tuition
|CELTA in Athens|
Full time – intensive in-Athens courses
A 10% discount offer is available for candidates who register and pay early (3 months prior to a course start).
So make sure you register early to secure a good discount and be certain you will have a place on one of our future courses.
Follow these instructions to apply:
- Download the CELTA application form (in Word format)
- Complete the document and return via email to email@example.com
- A CELTA tutor will contact you to arrange a date and time when you can complete the Pre-interview task and attend an interview (online or at CELT)
- If you are offered a place on the course, you should pay in your deposit to secure your place on the course.
What can I do to prepare for my course?
Our tutorial team has put together a free website which anyone wishing to apply to follow a CELTA can try to improve their language level on their own or with a colleague. Click on the link below to access all the pages free of charge.
The results of solitary/individual work vary – some individuals may do well, others may benefit by attending our Language for Teaching improvement course.
Cambridge ESOL has published a handbook which includes all the regulations and syllabus of the course. We have included it on the page in case you wish to read it before you apply.