During the time of lockdowns and restricted travel around the globe, Cambridge English has allowed the CELTA course to be delivered and assessed fully online. This has created a new demand for courses by both experienced and new or aspiring teachers, especially teachers who would have otherwise never been able to travel abroad to another location to follow this course.
At CELT, we have been running online courses for several years with synchronous all Modules Cambridge Delta course and, since it was introduced, with asynchronous CELTA courses.
Our long experience of working online with trainee teachers and using a variety of platforms to deliver content to teachers has shown us that learning and teaching online can be very intense and cannot be maintained for very long hours; this is the reason why we have decided not to offer a 4-week intensive fully online course.
Candidates for these courses are expected to also follow a free preparatory course on the topic of teaching online. This course will be taught by distance and aims to help them learn the tools needed for online teaching so that they begin their teaching assessments on line with confidence and sufficient technical know-how about the tech.
Part time fully Online Courses
CELTA Online in 1O weeks
- January 10 – March 19 2022 (10 weeks – part time)
- March 21 – May 27 2022 (10 weeks part-time)
Remember our FREE preparation course
- Our Free Preparation course on Teaching Languages online takes place two weeks prior to the start of the CELTA courses mentioned above
CELTA online in 6 weeks
- January 10 – May 27 2022 (15 weeks – in Athens – part time)
- June 6 – July 1 2022 (4 weeks – in Athens – superintensive)*
Free Teaching Languages Online Course
To help our trainees with online teaching practices in Zoom and similar online classrooms
Areas covered on this course
Teaching online involves a skillset which teachers need over and above their knowledge of language, analysis, skills development and pedagogical principles governing teaching a foreign language.This course will prepare you to be a more skilled teacher-practitioner and will help you acquire confidence and criteria for choosing and using the best applications and tools for your teaching.
- Creating a positive atmosphere online – icebreakers and lead ins
- Analysing learner needs and tools for collecting information for learners
- Learning about different synchronous platforms – Zoom, Adobe, and more
- Tools for teaching and supporting Grammar and Vocabulary Lessons
- Teaching listening and speaking online
- Teaching Reading and Writing
- Presenting your materials in online classrooms
- Sharing materials with learners during classes
- Different asynchronous platforms for supporting live classes
- Homework and tools for homework of different types
The course is an evolving one, much as the way we teach evolves all the time, and will respond to the changing needs of participants and new tools and affordances appearing online.
Assessment & Certification
Trainees are assessed through a Practical Teaching Assignment. This involves writing a lesson plan for an online class or a a set of materials for online delivery. Trainees who attend the course fully and complete their assignment receive a Certificate of Attainment.